Unto thee I will cry, O Lord my rock;
be not silent to me: lest if thou be silent to me,
I become like them that go down into the pit.
Hear my voice O Lord when I cry to you in joy and in despair. I need to talk to you. I need you to talk to me. I will be quiet and listen for your response. Forgive me when I am impatient and do not take the time to hear you. Teach me that prayer is both speaking and listening. Teach me that you answer prayer in accordance with your will and not mine. I am praying, waiting and listening O Lord.
– How much time do I devote to listening for God’s response to my prayers?
– Do I ever pray by being silent?
– When was the last time that I was certain that God was speaking to me? Did I understand and follow God’s will at that time?
– Am I prepared for negative answers to my prayers?
– I will read Psalm Twenty-Eight. I will practice becoming silent in the presence of God.